IT Support Technician
Due to our continued expansion, we are looking for an IT Support Technician to join our Manchester-based Team. With good all-round experience of Microsoft Windows desktops, networking and Application Support, you will provide day to day assistance to our Teams of on-site and remote Consultants.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and Configure workstations/laptops for new users.
- To act as a point of contact for day-to-day IT issues, both Hardware & Software applications. (Training will be provided on any Software Systems not yet experienced).
- Log and "own" all IT related incidents and maintain an effective Incident Management process.
- Prioritise resolution and service requests to ensure time is spent effectively.
- Troubleshoot IT-related issues to their conclusion.
Support: Proactive and Preventative
- Administration of the hybrid infrastructure, end-users and Software Systems.
- Ensure software/hardware is up to date with the latest releases/patches.
- Check security logs/alerts and ensure compliance/minimise risk.
- Ensure BCP/DR is tested in accordance with company policy and Client contractual commitments.
- In collaboration with the IT Support Manager build and maintain and IT service improvement plan.
- Effectively maintain relationships with external suppliers.
- Maintain close engagement with managers to understand their current and future needs.
- In collaboration with the IT team, ensure that the necessary and fit for purpose IT assets to service the needs of the business are available and serviceable.
- Maintain the IT assets register for all hardware and software.
- Maintain required documentation for compliance and internal policies.
- Constantly look at ways to develop personal and IT
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Strong MS Windows 10 experience and MS Office applications
- Administration & Management of Microsoft 365:
- Setting up Windows-based Desktops and Laptops.
- Application support and experience of learning how to use new software.
- Microsoft accreditation.
- Azure experience.
- Salesforce application experience.
- Configuring and supporting Anti-virus solutions
- Knowledge of FortiGate Firewalls.
- Experience of Information security.
- MDM & Endpoint management.
At Symatrix our vision is to unlock the endless possibilities of Oracle Cloud HCM and ERP.
We were founded in 2000 with the specific focus of providing services and expertise to organisations looking to implement and leverage Oracle HCM. We have come a long way since then. Today we believe that all customers should be able to make their business applications work harder for them and provide the returns and the benefits they expected. Everything we do supports this belief. We provide Consulting as well as end-to-end managed services for HCM and ERP on premise or in the Cloud - from Applications Support and Testing as a Service through to Managed Payroll and Process Improvement services, not to mention our award-winning Oracle Practice! In fact, because we truly listen, our services have all developed from customer demand.
After the introduction of Oracle Cloud, we added Environment Management and Testing as a Service to our kit bag to complement our application support and change services. Our Consulting services have evolved to support Cloud and we have retained our award-winning on-premises expertise. We also created an exciting suite of services to help our customers manage and improve their processes, which really help to move our customers from “adopting Cloud” to “embracing Cloud”.
We are delighted to be able to say that we’re an ISO27001, Bacs and Cyber Essentials accredited business but there are many reasons that we’re proud of what we’ve achieved over the years.
What can we offer in return?
Competitive Salary, Pension, 25 days holiday, option to buy an additional 5 holiday days, birthday as additional holiday after two years’ service, flexible working, eye tests, private health care, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, share option scheme, excellent training and learning opportunities.
If you are an experienced IT Support Technician, searching for a new opportunity, then please send your application to our Talent Acquisition Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch
Want to find out more? Get in touch and discover what Symatrix could do for your business. We’d love to chat.