Lead Oracle Cloud Technical Support Consultant
London, Manchester or Gloucestershire
The Lead Oracle Cloud Technical Support Consultant will be responsible for the Oracle technology workstream for the customer underpinning all other application functional workstreams. This will include responsibilities for integrations, reporting and some PaaS components of the Oracle Cloud product set. In co-ordination with the other leaders, managing the workload and overseeing resource management, technical escalation and the development of the team.
This role is very much a “hands on” position that will require the lead to spend approximately 80% of their time in the delivery of servicing the customer on incidents, problem resolution and change with the remaining time spent managing and developing the team.
This role will be aligned to one strategic government customer.
Reporting into the Service Delivery Manager, the role will also work closely with the Account Director and other leads aligned to the account, to ensure that the customer experience exceeds expectations.
Main duties and responsibilities
In addition to the above overall responsibilities, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the Oracle technical support for the customer including request fulfilment, Incident Management, Problem Management and Change
- As appropriate undertake root cause analysis of customer issues raised, apply fix as necessary and manage through to resolution
- Managing expectations with the customer through change and/or issue lifecycle
- Manage the team of support consultants and graduates, providing both line management as well as support and guidance in their technical development in support
- Working with the customer to identify and document business requirements
- Supporting the design of the technological solution for the customer and ensure best practice approaches, tools and templates are used, and manage the team to deliver high quality solutions and services.
- Overseeing Oracle SRs ensuring they are managed and chased appropriately with Oracle
- Assist the sales team in pre-sales activities and tender responses
- Establish strong and effective relationships with both internal and external customers
- Proactive articulation of appropriate system enhancements and process workaround solutions
- Fully document all solutions developed
- Supporting the customer through testing activities
- Stay up to date with the relevant Oracle technology roadmaps, new functionality, and releases
- Attend both internal and external meetings and follow up on agreed actions in a timely manner.
- Security Clearance IS required for this role (you are not required to have this now, but you should ensure that you are happy to go through security clearance, including but not limited to being UK citizen with a minimum of 10 years residence in the UK. Please familiarise yourself with eligibility criteria prior to applying)
- Please note that this role is a fully on-site position in London, Manchester or Gloucestershire and NOT a Hybrid/Home-Working role
- Excellent knowledge of the Oracle Cloud technology tools
- Has a positive/can do approach
- Passionate about the customer experience
- Takes ownership and accountability of the work they do
- Ability to work across multiple deliverables
- Well-organised and structured in approach
- Demonstrates tenacity to overcome challenges and see an issue or piece of work through to the end
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent customer/relationship management skills
- Experience of leading a team
- Experience of ITIL fundamentals: Incident, Problem, Change and Release Management
- Project Management experience
At Symatrix our vision is to unlock the endless possibilities of Oracle Cloud HCM and ERP.
We were founded in 2000 with the specific focus of providing services and expertise to organisations looking to implement and leverage Oracle HCM. We have come a long way since then. Today we believe that all customers should be able to make their business applications work harder for them and provide the returns and the benefits they expected. Everything we do supports this belief. We provide Consulting as well as end-to-end managed services for HCM and ERP on premise or in the Cloud - from Applications Support and Testing as a Service through to Managed Payroll and Process Improvement services, not to mention our award-winning Oracle Practice! In fact, because we truly listen, our services have all developed from customer demand.
After the introduction of Oracle Cloud, we added Environment Management and Testing as a Service to our kit bag to complement our application support and change services. Our Consulting services have evolved to support Cloud and we have retained our award-winning on-premises expertise. We also created an exciting suite of services to help our customers manage and improve their processes, which really help to move our customers from “adopting Cloud” to “embracing Cloud”.
We are delighted to be able to say that we’re an ISO27001, Bacs and Cyber Essentials accredited business but there are many reasons that we’re proud of what we’ve achieved over the years
What can we offer in return?
Competitive Salary, Pension, 25 days holiday, option to buy an additional 5 holiday days, birthday as additional holiday after two years’ service, eye tests, private health care, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, share option scheme, excellent training and learning opportunities.
If you believe you may be a good fit for this position or are searching for a new opportunity in this field, then please send your application or enquiries to our Talent Acquisition Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch
Want to find out more? Get in touch and discover what Symatrix could do for your business. We’d love to chat.