Senior Consultant (Core HR / HR Helpdesk & Security Lead)
Act as a senior consultant specialising in leading the delivery of projects in relation to your domain / area of expertise.
Main duties and responsibilities
Project planning & leadership: Lead a team of consultants, typically up to 5, acting as a stream lead/project manager within a project. Develop and manage the delivery plan for your workstream.
Methodology: Follow the methodology and Business Operating Model for your area. Lead and drive contribution to the methodology and Business Operating Model for your area, participating in the development and maintenance of all documentation, templates and tooling.
Stakeholder management: Interact and influence client project team stakeholders and assist them in taking key decisions for Oracle implementation programs.
Workshops & meetings: Plan and lead the delivery of client facing workshops and meetings, demonstrating significant domain knowledge and experience in your area of expertise.
Documentation & deliverables: Create well-structured & accurate deliverables relevant to your area of expertise such as project plans, requirements, business processes, design & configuration documents, specifications, test plans and other artefacts.
Commercial: Manage the time/budget allocation for your team's tasks. Monitor own billable utilisation against target. Identify opportunities to increase own utilization.
Quality management: Ensure quality standards are adhered to for your team and support in improving quality standards in the business.
Risk management: Highlight any project risks relating to your workstream and other project activity, proposing mitigations where applicable. Manage any project risks relating to your workstream.
Internal knowledge sharing/skills development: Share your knowledge, experience, and best practices within the team and your extended network. Contribute to or lead Professional Learning Communities relevant to your area of expertise. Proactively keep up-to-date and develop skills relevant to your area of expertise. Take the lead on understanding new products and disseminating this to the wider practice.
Sales/business development: Understand the products and services that Symatrix offers. During projects, identify and encourage the identification of opportunities to provide additional services and products that could be beneficial to the client. Contribute to sales processes e.g. responding to ITT, RFP, RFI's; participating in sales presentations; estimating and planning of relevant workstreams.
Practice Development: Proactively look for ways to drive Symatrix forward. Suggest ideas for innovation. Lead activities to develop the Consulting Team's capability and resources (e.g. processes, tools & collateral).
- Has excellent knowledge and implementation experience of Oracle HCM Cloud, including at least one of: Core HR & Profile Management HR Helpdesk, Security, Recruiting Cloud)
- Has experience in Applications Security, Approvals and extensibility tools (HCM Experience Design Studio, Page Composer and Flex Fields) functionality and Configuration
- Has strong client-facing / consultancy experience
- Has proven, full lifecycle implementation experience of delivering Oracle based HCM solutions to medium and large enterprise clients
- Has strong commercial awareness
- Has excellent presentation skills
- Is well organised and structured in approach
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills
- Has excellent client management skills
- Is emotionally intelligent and compassionate, who encourages a culture in which every team member can be themselves and thrive at Symatrix.
- Has a motivation to ensure that Symatrix continues to grow and improve
- Has a willingness to travel and be away from home
- Is UK based
- Has experience of higher education customers
- Has knowledge and implementation experience of the following: Benefits, Workforce Compensation, Absence Management, Time & Labor, Autocomplete, Oracle Digital Assistant, Oracle Guided Learning, Alerts Composer, Reporting/BI tools (OTBI / BI Publisher), Fast Formula
- Has experience working in an environment alongside other Oracle Cloud products such as: Service Cloud (CX), ERP (Finance & Procurement), Planning & Budgeting (EPM)
- Has experience of Oracle E-Business Suite
- Has experience of supporting pre-sales activities, including responding to ITT/RFPs
- Is eligible to obtain SC level security clearance
At Symatrix our vision is to unlock the endless possibilities of Oracle Cloud HCM and ERP.
We were founded in 2000 with the specific focus of providing services and expertise to organisations looking to implement and leverage Oracle HCM. We have come a long way since then. Today we believe that all customers should be able to make their business applications work harder for them and provide the returns and the benefits they expected. Everything we do supports this belief. We provide Consulting as well as end-to-end managed services for HCM and ERP on premise or in the Cloud - from Applications Support and Testing as a Service through to Managed Payroll and Process Improvement services, not to mention our award-winning Oracle Practice! In fact, because we truly listen, our services have all developed from customer demand.
After the introduction of Oracle Cloud, we added Environment Management and Testing as a Service to our kit bag to complement our application support and change services. Our Consulting services have evolved to support Cloud and we have retained our award-winning on-premises expertise. We also created an exciting suite of services to help our customers manage and improve their processes, which really help to move our customers from “adopting Cloud” to “embracing Cloud”.
We are delighted to be able to say that we’re an ISO27001, Bacs and Cyber Essentials accredited business but there are many reasons that we’re proud of what we’ve achieved over the years
What can we offer in return?
Competitive Salary, Pension, 25 days holiday, option to buy an additional 5 holiday days, birthday as additional holiday after two years’ service, eye tests, private health care, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, share option scheme, excellent training and learning opportunities.
If you believe you may be a good fit for this position or are searching for a new opportunity in this field, then please send your application or enquiries to our Talent Acquisition Specialist email@example.com
Get in touch
Want to find out more? Get in touch and discover what Symatrix could do for your business. We’d love to chat.