London, Manchester or Gloucestershire
This role of System Administrator is responsible for the critical Administration of all production and non-production environments for the Oracle HCM and ERP Systems, along with a high number of interfaces, both internal and external, for a strategic Government Customer.
The environment team is led by an Environment Manager and also contains a number of Ecosystem Analysts responsible for environment requests, environment scheduling all of which is an integral part of co-ordinating, discussing and approving requests to build new components for programmes and projects.
Reporting into the Environment Manager, this role will be a key member of the account Team, responsible for processing environment booking requests, environment schedules and importantly conflicts where they arise. All the above will be executed aligning with release progression principles and with the aim that environments are available at the right time to the right Teams.
Main duties and responsibilities
In addition to the above overall responsibilities, you will be responsible for:
- Administering the environment schedule for the Customer’s Oracle HCM and ERP Systems, supporting all ITIL and change processes including request fulfilment, Incident Management, Problem Management and Change
- Supporting the Administration and dependency identification of all in-flight change and development in production and non-production instances
- Working with all stakeholders to make priority calls for environment use where conflicts arise, escalating to the Environment Manager as required
- Accurate and timely maintenance and communication of the environment schedule to help manage expectations with all stakeholders as well as supporting the planning of other upcoming project work
- Working closely with Oracle to manage instances and book in clones and upgrades as required
- Develop an understanding of key dependencies between environments and integrations to support environment bookings and queries
- Support others progressing through local CAB with confirmed bookings, ensuring agreed processes are followed and systems updated accordingly
- Administer and contribute to the change register for each environment, supporting the ongoing management of risk and associated plans
- Constantly looking for improvement opportunities and able to articulate and drive these through as part of this role
- Establish strong and effective relationships with both internal and external Customers
- Attend both internal and external meetings and follow up on agreed actions in a timely manner.
- Security Clearance IS required for this role (you are not required to have this now, but you should ensure that you are happy to go through the Security Clearance, including but not limited to being UK Citizen with a minimum of 10 years residence in the UK. Please familiarise yourself with eligibility criteria prior to applying)
- Please note that this role is a fully on-site position in London, Manchester or Gloucestershire and is NOT a Hybrid/Home-Working role
- Excellent attention to detail
- Well-organised and structured in approach
- Has a positive/can-do approach
- Passionate about the Customer experience
- Takes ownership and accountability of the work they do
- Ability to work across multiple deliverables
- Demonstrates tenacity to overcome challenges and see an issue or piece of work through to the end
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent customer/relationship management skills
- Experience in a large client environment or release management or where a large part of a previous role interacted with these processes frequently
- Experience of an ITIL environment including Incident, Problem, Change and Release Management
- Experience in an architectural Team where System and integration understanding was required
- Good knowledge of the Oracle HCM and ERP suites
- Project Management experience
- Process improvement experience
At Symatrix our vision is to unlock the endless possibilities of Oracle Cloud HCM and ERP.
We were founded in 2000 with the specific focus of providing services and expertise to organisations looking to implement and leverage Oracle HCM. We have come a long way since then. Today we believe that all customers should be able to make their business applications work harder for them and provide the returns and the benefits they expected. Everything we do supports this belief. We provide Consulting as well as end-to-end managed services for HCM and ERP on premise or in the Cloud - from Applications Support and Testing as a Service through to Managed Payroll and Process Improvement services, not to mention our award-winning Oracle Practice! In fact, because we truly listen, our services have all developed from customer demand.
After the introduction of Oracle Cloud, we added Environment Management and Testing as a Service to our kit bag to complement our application support and change services. Our Consulting services have evolved to support Cloud and we have retained our award-winning on-premises expertise. We also created an exciting suite of services to help our customers manage and improve their processes, which really help to move our customers from “adopting Cloud” to “embracing Cloud”.
We are delighted to be able to say that we’re an ISO27001, Bacs and Cyber Essentials accredited business but there are many reasons that we’re proud of what we’ve achieved over the years
What can we offer in return?
Competitive Salary, Pension, 25 days holiday, option to buy an additional 5 holiday days, birthday as additional holiday after two years’ service, eye tests, private health care, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, share option scheme, excellent training and learning opportunities.
If you believe you may be a good fit for this position or are searching for a new opportunity in this field, then please send your application or enquiries to our Talent Acquisition Specialist email@example.com
Get in touch
Want to find out more? Get in touch and discover what Symatrix could do for your business. We’d love to chat.