Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
Built with Oracle applications in mind, OCI enables you to connect your IaaS applications to on-premises applications, third-party applications, data, and processes. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure is designed for applications that require consistent high-performance, are business critical whilst removing the need for costly internal equipment. Each instance of OCI is hosted in a dedicated area where it is guaranteed that it is only 100% accessible by you and those that you chose to have access, meaning Oracle themselves cannot access unless you grant permission.
Moreover, OCI enables you to predict your spend and budget accordingly by offering a fixed cost option that can be predictable rather than spending on new hardware if needed.
Additionally, Symatrix offer a Migration Service for moving existing on-premise database(s) and application(s) to OCI to help with sizing costing and the decision between Bring Your Own License (BYOL) and Oracle Universal Credit (UC) system.
Here are just some of the benefits you could realise by moving your infrastructure to the Cloud:
Budgeting and cost analysis
Ensuring efficiently using Oracle credits
Notifications for over and under spends
Reshaping and sizing of resources for cost saving initiatives.
Server Access Management
Maintaining and managing user access to back-end servers
Ensuring back-end server access for third party integrations
Operating System Patches
- Updating and maintaining current system patches on all servers within OCI architecture
Network Security & Management
- Creating and maintaining security lists (firewall rules) managing restrictions to specific resources
- Management of traffic through load balancers
- Management of IPsec VPN tunnel
- Management of Bastion Servers/services
Storage Backup and Management
- Regular snapshots of operating system boot volume storage (with a specified retention policy)
- Regular snapshots of application tier volume storage (with a specified retention policy)
- Management of shared storage (configuration of access), SMB/NFS networked drives
- Utilising of RSYNC between primary and DR Storage areas (including high availability)
- Management of files within Object storage (bucket storage) configuring tiering depending on use case and retention requirements
Database Backup and Management
- Regular backups of database (with a specified retention policy)
- Management of Data Guard configuration
- Management of ASM (Automated Storage Management) system
- Creation and configuration of Compute VMs (Virtual Machines)
- Creation and configuration of DBCS (Database Cloud Service) instances
Get in touch
Want to find out more? Get in touch and discover what Symatrix could do for your business. We’d love to chat.